Motivational List

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Mandy123

Motivational List

Post by Mandy123 »

I would like to make a list of why we are doing this program use some detail and we will call this our: Motivational List!

I'll start....

I am doing get running to get fit to play my favorite sport volleyball and to lose the extra weight after my dad told me I was overweight.

Your Turn!
dani

Re: Motivational List

Post by dani »

I'm doing it to get fitter- fit enough that I'm no longer too ashamed to use the free gym and work.
I want to be proud of my body, not feel like I have to hide it!
Redders

Post by Redders »

I'm doing this to get fitter and to try and shift my last 7lbs of baby weight (one year on) which no amount of dieting alone seems to budge it! And also so I can have a half hour time on my own 3 times a week....
Bobzoe

Post by Bobzoe »

I'm doing this so I can get fit and be able to run around with my 3 yr old grandson and not always be huffing and puffing
Simongeorge

Post by Simongeorge »

I am doing this because I'm 41 I was around 20lb overweight and want to run around with my children (and I had a passion for coca cola and chocolate). I thought if I didnt act now, I never would and I'd just get bigger and less and less fit. So far, halfway through and things Re looking better already.
mandicherise

Post by mandicherise »

I am doing this as I also want to lose weight and feel good about myself. I also like most food that is bad for me. I no longer want to be breathless every time I walk uphill and have to stop gasping for breath! I need to start to feel good, I haven't started yet I am hoping to do it later!
Eagle5

Post by Eagle5 »

I'm doing this to increase my mood and energy for life. Also to feel better about my body. Last but not least I want to be a super fit dad for when I have children one day.
Patcakes

Post by Patcakes »

I am an older Mom. I turn 48 next month and my son turns 3 2 weeks later. I do this for him.
trillian

Post by trillian »

I'm doing this programme as nicotine replacement, and its working out really well.

I'm almost 43 and have smoked for over 25 years, then I decided to give up smoking just over 8 weeks ago. Today I completed Week 8, Run 2, and smiled as I ran because this programme makes me feel livlier, fitter and happier than I ever felt as a ciggie addicted coach potato! And as an added bonus I haven't put on any of the "Quit Smoking" weight I was warned about, in fact i've lost a little.

Three cheers for C25K - because of this programme I am confident I won't want to start smoking again now I know how a lungful of real fresh air tastes, and I am loving the increased energy levels I now have, not to mention sleeping better for some reason as well.
skpettit1

Post by skpettit1 »

I'm doing this for me. I have about 25kg to lose and I want to have confidence in myself and my body! I also want to be able to keep up with my kids. This for me is a life change!