20 minute run in week 5?!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
HRaiser

Re: 20 minute run in week 5?!

Post by HRaiser »

Just finished the 20 minutes run! *victory dance*

When I started 5 weeks ago I looked at the 20 minute day and though "WTF? There is no way..." :shock: Today I did it.

Very happy! :mrgreen:
fionamcc

Post by fionamcc »

I have just done this run today...and been dreading it for weeks but it was fine...the last couple of minutes began to hurt a tad. I am totally amazed that I could run for 20 minutes ....first time in 43 years!!! So you will definately be able to do it without a problem x
siduff

Post by siduff »

I've done wk5 run 3 today, i was a bit worried but i totally agree with ben on this one. I totally know that i'm capable of completing this plan and believe me, if i can do it anybody can do it
stevhill

Post by stevhill »

I'm in the middle of week 4 and came here for advice after seeing what w5d3 was bringing. Even a guy at work who's done a marathon thought it was a big step.

Having seen the posts here, I feel reassured and am looking forward to trying next week. I've found the runs I've done so far have been perfectly pitched in terms of increasing effort, pushing on every time I begin to feel comfortable. The voice prompts within each run also seem to come just as I'm beginning to flag.

So far, I can't fault this program or the app. It's got me further in 4 and a bit weeks than I ever thought I'd get, and I'm ENJOYING it so much. :D

Bring on next week ...
BigDave

Post by BigDave »

I can now add to the people who said that I did it (w5r3). I completed every run so far, but each one was a challenge (I thought I was going to Puke more than once during some of the earlier runs). I finished the 20 minute run, and it felt like the easiest run so far. I could have easily kept going. This program truly is the way to go!
roxydoodle

Post by roxydoodle »

I just wan't to boast that I too Finished my 20 min Run W5 R3 :D

I must say that the 1st 3 or 4 mins of the run I was wandering how on earth I would get through the whole 20 mins but once I got into the zone it was actually much easier than I thought.

Keep going everyone, I totally never thought I would even get past week 1 but I did and YOU can too.

Good Luck
purplemonster

Post by purplemonster »

Whoop whoop just completed my 20 minute run 2day and feel great :D what an amazing achievement....
Well done everyone on completing the run and good luck to everyone yet to do this run ;)