Completed Week Four!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
softshoe

Completed Week Four!

Post by softshoe »

I completed the last run of week four this afternoon. I can't say that I am really enjoying it so far, but I haven't felt as if I were struggling, either. It's been difficult, but not too difficult.

I've never been able to run for long, not even as a child, so I really feel I have accomplished something. I'm a little nervous, as many other people seem to be, about the 20 minute run next week. Especially as it falls on my 55th birthday! I have faith in the program, though, and using Get Running has been great motivation. I know I'll make it through next week.
Feelo

Re: Completed Week Four!

Post by Feelo »

Well done! I'm about to start Week 4 and hope I can manage a 5 minute run!
softshoe

Post by softshoe »

I did it! I was really nervous that I wouldn't be able to run the whole 20 minutes, but it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Someone on this forum wrote that during the 20 minutes your legs don't ever hurt any more than they do at the 5 minute mark, and I found that to be true.

I did W6 R1 today, and I'm determined to finish. This program is really great!
fionamcc

Post by fionamcc »

It is really great to hear how everyone is doing on this forum. I have just done my first week 4 run and it was not too bad at all...nervous from here in though!! :?: