Loving this app...

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
pinata

Loving this app...

Post by pinata »

My husband and I just discovered this app last weekend and have started Get Running together. We started on monday and just successfully completed our Week 1 Run 3. I am so happy with this because I have never run in my life other than the required amounts in school.

So far I feel more energized and even excited to do the next run. I have looked into another app for the 10k. I just was wondering how many others have never run before this. I find this to be so motivating and always looking forward to the next runs. Hoping to stick with it and go all the way through the program. Then onto the 10k. Hope there is another app after that too.

Just wanted to share. My husband and I are both overweight and have wanted to get in to shape. However, I absolutely hate excercise, but this program makes me feel a sense of accomplishment. The voice is so encouraging and I think we may really be able to succeed this time. Not so worried about weight loss but being healthy. Although, it would be nice.

Thanks for letting me share...
Stassy

Re: Loving this app...

Post by Stassy »

Totally agree. Absolutely love it. Working towards a 3 k next week and a 5k in October. Good luck!
fionamcc

Post by fionamcc »

I have just started week four and just getting to grips with this but I am really enjoying the fact I am making progress. I have always been nervous of running outside because I am not exactly the running shape...but in three weeks I have lost 8lbs so it is def worth it!!! Keep running x :D
Rfuilrez

Post by Rfuilrez »

Man I love this app too. The woman talking is some great motivation. I purchased 2 of the other C25K coaching apps for my iPhone. Neither one of them were nearly as good. I just started week 2 and love it. Hopefully by the time I graduate Ben has the 5k to 10k bridge app released :D. Or an in app upgrade option would work too.

PLEASE?!?! :lol: :D
benjohn

Post by benjohn »

:-) Keep your ears peeled on the 10K front…

It's great to hear you tried the other 5K Apps and you like Get Running the best! :-) Oh – you could mention that in an App store review… not that I would suggest anything like that, of course.

Very glad you're enjoying your running! Keep up the great work, all of you!

Happy running!
violabird

Post by violabird »

benjohn wrote::-) Keep your ears peeled on the 10K front….
Ooooooh, 10K? Yes please! I finish Get Running in a week and am guessing it won't be out then, but I reckon I could just keep working on improving my distance in the 30 minutes while I wait...

Excited!