Note of Encouragement to All you Runners!!!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Magnolia

Note of Encouragement to All you Runners!!!

Post by Magnolia »

Hi everyone,

I wanted to share an observation with you. On the main "Forums" page, I just noticed that the Starting Line forum (this one) has 180 topics and 1136 posts, while the Graduate Forum (the one for people who have completed the program) has only 13 topics and 87 posts. That indicates to me that not everyone who starts finishes. Sad.

I would like to challenge everyone reading this: Let's FINISH the program and get those numbers up on the other forum. We are not quitters!!

I only recently joined the forum but have read numerous posts. Everyone just seems so open and honest and nice. Good luck to you all! See you on the graduate forum in six weeks!!! W3R2 is tonight.
Likeacat

Re: Note of Encouragement to All you Runners!!!

Post by Likeacat »

Speaking only for myself... I finished the program on schedule and am still running. I ran my first 5k Race September 18 with a time of 34:50. I still use the app to time my runs and I am looking forward to competing in another 5k soon.

The Graduate forum is definitely not as active as the Beginner's forum, however I did post my graduation and gratitude for the Get Running app. It would be nice to read what other Get Running grads are up to. There are several active running forums out there, many grads may have ventured out to find more non-app related support. Some may have moved on to 10k's or 1/2 marathons, and yes, some dropped out.

Good luck Beginners! Stay with it, finishing your first 5K race is an amazing feeling.
Alex20

Post by Alex20 »

Thank you so much Magnolia :) I am with you 100%. I will do the third run of week one today and I am going to do my very best to stick with it. Keep it up everybody!
fionamcc

Post by fionamcc »

Magnolia

You are totally right - I am just starting week 7 and cannot believe I can run 25 minutes ....it is the first time in 43 years that I could.

Stay with it - there is a great feeling as you pass each new little hurdle

Fiona
Sunshinerunner

Post by Sunshinerunner »

I agree totally. Just about to finish week 7 tomorrow I too am delighted to be able to run for 25 minutes when 7 weeks ago I could not run at all and 25 minutes seemed impossible. Looking forward to graduating and want to add my support to all new runners. Great programme and great people on this forum.