Week 3 and knee pain

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Helenesmith

Week 3 and knee pain

Post by Helenesmith »

I have just finished week 3 and I have crippling pain on the inside of both my knees. Is is a good idea to put on knee support, take loads of painkillers and battle on or see GP? I'm going to have gait analysis next week but don't want to stop incase my fitness drops and I loose the progress I have made.
Biscuit-Breath

Re: Week 3 and knee pain

Post by Biscuit-Breath »

I feel your pain, because I have started with knee pains on the inside of my knees....

I am just about to start week 3.

I don't know what the answer is, I am just going at it slowly, really slowing my pace down, which has helped!

I will watch this thread for more replies!
starknut

Post by starknut »

You describe the pain as "crippling" so my suggestion is stop. Stop before you damage your joints permanently and consult your doctor. (Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional, only a nursing student).
Frankandfeebi

Post by Frankandfeebi »

starknut wrote:You describe the pain as "crippling" so my suggestion is stop. Stop before you damage your joints permanently and consult your doctor. (Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional, only a nursing student).
You are not a medical professional yet, but you will be once you finish school!
Liz1221_

Post by Liz1221_ »

Just be careful... Same thing happened to me after week 3 and I developed patellar tendinitis in both knees. It was very painful and I was down for the count for 4 weeks resting and doing PT. If u have pain your body is trying to tell u something...listen to it! I have since started again taking it slower and no problems or pain!