Trying again

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Beckly92

Trying again

Post by Beckly92 »

I tried this app to get running a few years ago and got up to around week 4 (noticed huge improvements) then life got in the way.

Now in a job with more social hours (although I weigh a few more stone) I'm trying again. Did week one run one yesterday and completed run 5 before deciding I really couldn't go on.
I continued walking for around 10 minutes then pushed myself to do the last 3 runs. When I got home I was wheezing so bad (my asthma is getting worse and I will be going to the docs soon for advice) but felt so proud for pushing myself to do the last 3 runs.

Today I ache like heck and could barely walk but looking back on my tracking app I ran/walked 4.5 miles at an average of 8.6 min mile. It may not be the best start - and some men outside the pub did laugh at me puffing and panting - but I feel so proud to have made a start and hope that I can eventually join the graduates. But for now I look forward to giving and receiving encouragement and advice from all you lovely people.
Stryk3r

Re: Trying again

Post by Stryk3r »

Congratulations on making changes instead of excuses :)
fastnetqueen

Re: Trying again

Post by fastnetqueen »

Good for you. I got to week 7 a few years ago and started again this week. Just completed run 2 and it was heaps better today than on Tuesday when I was nearly sick!!! I am carrying some extra weight too and am 48! Looking forward to run 3 now!! Good luck and def get your asthma sorted.., lots of pollen etc around doesn't help either. :-)