Just finishing week 2

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
framingblackcab

Re: Just finishing week 2

Post by framingblackcab »

Hello Nick and Tim
wow what a fantastic result Tim, I would be over the moon with finishing never mind that result. Well done you.
I ran for 28 mins on the edge of the fens last night just as the sun was disappearing, it was beautiful, fantastic sun set lots of sky, rabbits everywhere, geese bedding down for the night and so peaceful, it certainly helps with the motivation. So to answer your question Nick, yes I am still going and so is my daughter. We are still about 1/2k off our 5k target and it is a push for us both but we are plodding on. I am on a skiing holiday in puy st. vincent in a couple of weeks ( first time skiing ever, what a chuckle thats going to be ) so my goal is to reach 5k by then.
have a great week guys
michelle
tl302

Post by tl302 »

Last week was a little slower week for me in running. I am finally over this damn cold and will get back to my routine. I only ran 2 times last week. I am trying not to be upset with my self for missing my third run. With the pollen in the air this week, I will run inside today. I have signed up for another 5K on April 23rd. Am looking forward to that.

Have a great week.

Tim
Redro

Post by Redro »

Been skiing yet Michelle? It was so warm here in France last week. Hope you had a great time if you have been already and no injuries I hope! A few weeks back I was up to week 8. My knee was playing up so I backtracked to week 5. Now I am starting week 8 again this week and feeling much stronger now. Had a glorious 6:00 AM spring run in the park yesterday - 25 minutes. The blossoms were all out and I was enjoying the new R.E.M. on my iPhone. Perfect start to the Saturday! Have a good week. Hope you are back on track again Tim.
Redro

Post by Redro »

Tomorrow I start my last week, week 9 - tantalisingly close to the end (or at least the start) now. I am off to Poland on Monday and spending the next 2 weeks in Poland, Germany and the Netherlands. So, I hope to do my final run somewhere interesting like the Baltic Sea. Hope you guys are running well. Have a good spring weekend.
Redro

Post by Redro »

My first 30 min run at 7:00 this morning...a beaut spring day here in Lyon today. Great way to start the day!
framingblackcab

Post by framingblackcab »

Well I have totally fallen off the running wagon. A couple of weeks ago my daughter ( who runs with me ) broke her arm and needed an op and then there was the big rush to get everything done before I went on holiday. I had a fantastic time thanks nick and yes the weather was superb, I found muscles I didn't know existed.
So I am back now and needing to get back into it. I am a bit worried that I will be starting again but i guess I just need to get out there and have a go.
I hope that your running in all these different countries is going well, it must make it more interesting at least.
take care
michelle
Redro

Post by Redro »

Hi Michelle, really sorry to hear about your daughter's arm - and also your running set back. I have just had a 30 minute run along the Baltic Sea - just what I needed after 18 hours sitting in the car. One more run to go and I "graduate"! Good luck with getting back into it again. I look forward to hearing about your come back to running fitness!
Redro

Post by Redro »

Finished my "last" run today, in Schwerin, Germany. Now I have to keep the momentum going. Plan to do 4 x 30 minute runs a week and see Howzit goes from there. Off to the Netherlands tomorrow - so, will have a go at running there too! Hope your running is going well Tim and Michelle. Keep in touch!
tl302

Post by tl302 »

About 2 weeks ago I did something to my right leg. Swollen ankle, bruised shin and a sore knee, so I took so time off. Everything seems to be better and ran for 25 min on Tuesday. Will slowly get back up to 30 min runs. I have also signed up for my next 5k on April 23rd. Hopefully the leg and the pollen in the air will cooperate and I have an enjoyable run. I am running in the 5k with a friends 18 year old son. Its nice to know at 42 i can still keep up with the kids. Hope everyone is doing well and will let you know about my progress.

Nick congrats on finishing your last run. Now its time for a 5K.

Tim
Redro

Post by Redro »

Thanks Tim - and hope things recover soon. I have had a run in the Netherlands this week - and 2 in Germany. I am on an extended business trip, so its a great way to unwind at the end of the day - and see the country side. Its really great when you are at the stage where you can run comfortably for 30 minutes - the enjoyment factor really goes up. I have not been able to run for more than 30 minutes for about 20 years and it is such a great feeling to be gettting back there again.
Cheers
Nick