Week 8 and first 5k done!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Gtman78

Week 8 and first 5k done!

Post by Gtman78 »

I cannot thank the Get Running app enough! After watching and being inspired by my girlfriend completing the Bath half marathon in March I decide it was time to get my arse off the sofa and join her pounding the pavements! I've never been a runner. I did county level field athletics as a teenager, but now at 33 I thought I'd give it a go. I didn't know how to go about starting running and then I came across the Get running app in the app store, it had excellent reviews and looked like a good choice. The app has been so good. It starts off nice and gently, but surprisingly enables progress fast and comfortably. The commentary is really helpful and encouraging. I completed week 8 run 1 and decided to enter my first timed event this morning, one of the parkrun 5k events. I completed the 5k in 28:24, which I was really pleased with 
I cannot recommend the app enough, thanks for getting me running.
So to all of you in the early stages, keep going & stick at it, you'll achieve your goals easier than you think with this app.
Thanks again
Graham