Finished Week 5 Run 3 DONE!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
jaysonjaz

Finished Week 5 Run 3 DONE!

Post by jaysonjaz »

I had been somewhat apprehensive about this run, but it actually went great. I can't believe I ran 20 minutes straight without even dying :) I came home and bragged to my wife and she said, "Of course you did it. The program got you to this point, so of course you could" It was such a great feeling!
roseanne12

Re: Finished Week 5 Run 3 DONE!

Post by roseanne12 »

I have to do this run tomorrow and I am really apprehensive about it! Any tips?
Dawn

Post by Dawn »

roseanne12 wrote:I have to do this run tomorrow and I am really apprehensive about it! Any tips?

Just have faith in yourself! It's amazing but it's phyically completely doable....I think it's just our minds that make us fearful :) Give it a go and if you don't manage it tomorrow (i bet you do tho!) try again next time. :)

Good luck

Dawn
Dawn

Post by Dawn »

jaysonjaz wrote:I had been somewhat apprehensive about this run, but it actually went great. I can't believe I ran 20 minutes straight without even dying :) I came home and bragged to my wife and she said, "Of course you did it. The program got you to this point, so of course you could" It was such a great feeling!

Congratulations :) It's great isn't it? :)
roseanne12

Post by roseanne12 »

Thanks Dawn! I am going to believe in the power of positive thinking!
jaysonjaz

Post by jaysonjaz »

roseanne12 wrote:I have to do this run tomorrow and I am really apprehensive about it! Any tips?
Sorry for the delayed response.. my newest son, Rhys, was born the day after I finished up this run. Talk about a high! I had been worried that his arrival would mess up my progress, but he was considerate enough to be born on my two rest days :)
roseanne12

Post by roseanne12 »

I just finished week 5 day 3...20 minute run on my first attempt! What a great feeling! The power of positive thinking! :P
Dawn

Post by Dawn »

roseanne12 wrote:I just finished week 5 day 3...20 minute run on my first attempt! What a great feeling! The power of positive thinking! :P
Told you - Nah nah nah nah nah! :) Well done :) It is the most amazing feeling isn't it. SOmetimes - when i am walking I look ahead into the distance and think - I could run to that now!!! or I could run home from here!!! lol I know it's stupid, but being big all my life - i have never been able to run any distance - this program is really excellent!
samjdalton

Post by samjdalton »

Dawn wrote:
roseanne12 wrote:I just finished week 5 day 3...20 minute run on my first attempt! What a great feeling! The power of positive thinking! :P
Told you - Nah nah nah nah nah! :) Well done :) It is the most amazing feeling isn't it. SOmetimes - when i am walking I look ahead into the distance and think - I could run to that now!!! or I could run home from here!!! lol I know it's stupid, but being big all my life - i have never been able to run any distance - this program is really excellent!

It's true. You start to believe that anything is possible. Then you so things like go out and run 10k after work only 13 weeks on from barely being able to run for 1 minute (like I did tonight). This app has given me an entirely new life with no exaggeration.
roseanne12

Post by roseanne12 »

Thanks for all the inspiration you guys! I find myself wanting to run everyday now...although I know that I should not! Tomorrow I start week 6 day 1 - hardly seems insurmountable after doing that 20 minute run yesterday!!