Run or Rest?

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Fermentum

Run or Rest?

Post by Fermentum »

Hello all,

I completed Run 1 of week 1 on Monday and my thighs are aching really badly. Should I put the pain aside and go for my second run today as its Wednesday?

I want to do this but it the same time dont want to be aching more!

Please let me know if I should or shouldnt!

Thanks in advance!
samjdalton

Re: Run or Rest?

Post by samjdalton »

Aches are a normal part of exercise, sharp pains are not. Personally I find the aches normally subside once I start running and my muscles loosen up. Sharp pains however shouldn't be run through. But only you can interpret what our body is telling you, but muscle aches are inevitable when starting something new :)
Fermentum

Post by Fermentum »

Okay thanks very much Sam.

I am almost certain its just aches so I am going ahead with my run!

I just hope I am no worse tomorrow morning than I am now. I suppose its a sign its working!

Thanks again
Fermentum
Fermentum

Post by Fermentum »

Just an update, I went for my run and it seemed harder than my first. My thighs are really aching now. Might give them a going over witj deep heat or somethong before bed. Just hope they ease off for the morning.
chipset

Post by chipset »

Keep an eye on it. Pain is your body telling you something. Perhaps it is your run method or you have a latent injury. I would suggest looking on youtube for some videos on running forms, it might help.