Just Started

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
KeepTrying

Re: Just Started

Post by KeepTrying »

Aaaah. Managed w2r1 this morning. The 6 x 1.5min runs went OK - though in the last couple was feeling a bit of a stitch. Changed my route this time so it was about 300m longer - 4.3km. Will be overseas for a couple of week sso will have to see how some non-UK air suits my runs! May have to switch my w2r2 day from Sunday to Monday as have long drive on Sunday :( Legs been feeling good all day. Actually feel as if I would like to do the run all over again this evening! But that woudl not be a good idea! :mrgreen: Happy running all you fellow C25Kers out there!
KeepTrying

Post by KeepTrying »

Humph. Missed w2r2. On Hols and had a 10h drive then visit to a sick relative at the end. Might try tomorrow morning. But in different country and strange town.
Dawn

Post by Dawn »

Where are you??? :) How exciting - running abroad :)
KeepTrying

Post by KeepTrying »

Hi Dawn. Am on Hols in Germany. Had no chance to do w2r2 last Sunday. Travelling etc. So delayed it till today - 2days late. Nice running around a park with a few ducks and dog-walkers for company. Craig David on the iPod keeping me going. Plan on w2r3 in 2 days. How's it going? Still running?
KeepTrying

Post by KeepTrying »

Did w2r3 this morning. Finding my breathing sometimes a bit of a struggle by the end of the 1.5min runs. Somewhat anxious about the 3min runs in week 3. But so many on this forum have already surpassed that that I feel reassured. Trying to catch up on my original schedule (cos I had to have a 4 day gap instead of a 2 day gap). By doing alternate day runs without a 3d gap in the week I'll get back in synch. Cheers. Be back for w3 soon!
prettypistol

Post by prettypistol »

W1R1
I got tired of waiting for my friend's schedule to match up to mine and grabbed the dog this evening to start the program. I think we did great for a first run. At the beginning I was thinking "wow, this is a piece of cake" and then around the half way mark I noticed it was not as easy. ha ha!

We went a total of 2.3 miles, half down hill and half up. I live on a giant hill in Seattle, WA. My dog is passed out happy and I can't wait for us to work on our pace a little bit more. I didn't even think about the bonding we would be doing running together! A certain bonus!

I only wish I wasn't a red face! Oy. My face was beet red for over an hour after I was done and I think my cheeks are still flushed. HA!

: )

~a
KeepTrying

Post by KeepTrying »

Well done prettypistol. Welcome to the Programme! Though I can't claim to be a veteran ( just finished w2r3 - a sum total of 35 minutes' of running over 2weeks!) I have noticed that some runs feel far harder than others. And I might feel ok in the first few runs on any one day but br the 4th, 5th or 6th run that session I can feel I am flagging. But take confidence from all those who have travelled this road before us successfully! We'll get there. Regards.
chipset

Post by chipset »

Some runs are easier. Some are harder. I just finished last night. Amazing the difference when there's a finish line.

Good luck!
KeepTrying

Post by KeepTrying »

Started week3 this morning. Was a bit daunted about the prospect of the 3 minute runs beforehand - as had been a bit out of breath by the end of the last 1.5min runs last time. But it all went very well. I just reduced my pace a little and I'm amazed to say that I felt as if I could have done more than the 2 x 1.5min and the 2 x 3min runs. But I don't want to upset Claire by deviating from her instructions! Catch you in a couple of days. Mike
KeepTrying

Post by KeepTrying »

Just done w2r2. Went fine. Found the first 1.5min run hard. Then loosened up and the rest was much better. Noticed that my distance in week 3 is less than it was I'm week 2. See ya.