Running pace help

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Daina96225

Running pace help

Post by Daina96225 »

What pace do you guys run at during week 5 run 3... I am running 4.2 and it seems really slow to me but I'm not ready to bump it up
KeepTrying

Re: Running pace help

Post by KeepTrying »

Excuse my ignorance. What do you mean by 'running 4.2''? New to all this - not sure how you define pace? Thanks
Daina96225

Post by Daina96225 »

Running pace meaning how fast you run... On a treadmill it has your running pace that you can increase or decrease...
samjdalton

Post by samjdalton »

4.2 is the speed rather than the pace - as in 4.2 miles/km per hour. The pace is usually referred to in minutes per mile (or minutes per KM). Pace is not important in the early stages of C25K it is *much* more important to run for the specified amount of time rather than for distance. There's plenty of time to get the distance up when you get your endurance up.

Hope that helps :)
YikesMn

Post by YikesMn »

I've got to be the slowest runner ever - but I'm willing to go on faith that I'll get faster as I continue running. Right now I'm not much faster than a brisk walk going into week 5. But I'm still running, not just walking fast.
KeepTrying

Post by KeepTrying »

That's exactly what it's all about Yikes. Keeping moving. Don't worry about speed or pace. Just let your body decide what suits you - and then keep going.