I DID IT!!!!

Finished Get Running? Tell us how you did, and chat with other Get Running graduates about what to do next!
Emmad

I DID IT!!!!

Post by Emmad »

Hi all,

I don't normally post on these forums - despite enjoying hearing about everyone else's achievements. However, today I completed the course and feel really pleased with myself.

I have been suffering with severe depression for quite some time and I have found that running has really helped focus my mind and given me a real sense of achievement.

It has been really tough at times and I have had to re-do some runs because I just didn't have it in me - but I DID IT!!

Thank you so much for such a great app - I found it so encouraging and easy to stick to. I finally enjoy running!
Toadie

Re: I DID IT!!!!

Post by Toadie »

This is such a lovely post - congratulations!! I'm only on week 3, and also suffering from some mental health problems, so I can't wait to be where you are!
Missbossie

Post by Missbossie »

Congratulations and my respect!!! Keep up and be proud of yourself
Celia

Post by Celia »

Well done! I have suffered with the big D on and off for years and running is a fantastic antidepressant as not only does it get all those endorphines flowing but makes you look better too. Celia
Learning2run

Post by Learning2run »

Thank you for posting and congratulations! I too battle the depression. It's worse in the winter. Running is also helping me with the fight. Keep going and I will too:)
NeilHughes1

Post by NeilHughes1 »

Really inspiring post, a massive salute to you from me :)