57 couch potato graduated

Finished Get Running? Tell us how you did, and chat with other Get Running graduates about what to do next!
Shirley

57 couch potato graduated

Post by Shirley »

I feel fantastic at 57 never run in my life but with the help of get running I have just now completed my third 30 minute run. Friends cannot believe it's me they have seen jogging. My next step is to try and increase my speed. If an old women like me can do it anyone can so get running!!!! Thanks for this great programme.
benjohn

Re: 57 couch potato graduated

Post by benjohn »

Fantastic, Shirley!

It think I should encourage my Mum to start again :-)

Very well done!
Redro

Post by Redro »

Bit less of the "old woman", please Shirley! At 57 you are just a spring chicken. Well done on having come so far with your running - and for sticking with it! I am in week 7 of the programe (I shouldn't really be on this forum, but I was interested to see what the Graduates had to say!) and I am 55. I used to run a lot of marathon's in my 20's - so it is good to be back on the road again after so many years of being a coach potato - and its all thanks to Get Running!
Cheers
Redro
Flossiross

Post by Flossiross »

I too am peeking at the finish line, just finished week 5. I am 57 also, and never, ever ran before but now I love it. My first 5k is in a week and a half, a bit early, but my son works for the charity that is putting it on so I have to do it. I have another one scheduled for right after I finish the app. I expect to do way better at that one. I can't wait to actually run in a 5k! :D