I miss Get Running :(

Finished Get Running? Tell us how you did, and chat with other Get Running graduates about what to do next!
NervousNewbie

I miss Get Running :(

Post by NervousNewbie »

I graduated back in October and for me, running hasn't been as successful since. I couldn't get as motivated as I could with this app, and found myself drifting in and out of training. As a result I had almost a 2 month break before getting back out there and tackling a 4.75km distance yesterday which included a 5 min walk to start and end.

I know you hear it all the time and are probably fed up of it, but please please please consider a 5-10km app or similar - people like me need you!
benjohn

Re: I miss Get Running :(

Post by benjohn »

Sorry you stopped with your running :-(

Turned out that I did too! But I've started again (from the middle), and this time more cross country (which is really hard work, I find).

We're looking at a follow on ourselves, but as before, it's not going to be soon, I'm sorry, really I am!

Have you tried on of the other Apps for continuing from 5k? Another great (better, really) option is to find your local running club and go along to meet them. They're very likely to welcome you with open arms, and have groups for different abilities.

Thanks again,
Benjohn