Completed!

Finished Get Running? Tell us how you did, and chat with other Get Running graduates about what to do next!
Jimster

Completed!

Post by Jimster »

Hi everyone,

I completed the program today, so I want to say thanks to the developer, thanks to the C25K program and thanks especially to the people on this forum. I've been lurking here since I started, and found some of the posts very motivating. Thanks all!

I'm 47, a little bit fit from a lot of cycling and walking, and I'm also an insulin-dependent Diabetic. Like most people, I think I defeated a few personal demons in this process, and I'm keen to keep running.

I suffered a lot of pain in the first few weeks. I was running in some basketball shoes. I bought some proper running shoes in week 4, and the pain vanished. Not sure if it was the shoes, or my body getting tougher. Whatever, it was a relief. I also had knee pain during weeks 7 & 8, but managed to run ok through it.

My plan is to just enjoy running for 30 mins, for a month or so. I want to improve my form. My girlfriend has been running for longer than me, and she has a DVD called Chi Running. I'm hoping to incorporate some of those ideas into my running. After that, I'm going to train up to 10K / 1hr. I'll have to use a competing (and ugly) app, unless Ben manages to find time for the promised 10k app.

I'm so pleased that I've managed to start running! Today on my final W9R3, I ran 5.2k in 30 minutes. That's 10.4 km an hour! Never thought I could even run a mile! Thanks again, everyone! :D

Jim
Dawn

Re: Completed!

Post by Dawn »

Great to hear :)