It all started on the 4th of January....

Finished Get Running? Tell us how you did, and chat with other Get Running graduates about what to do next!
Redro

It all started on the 4th of January....

Post by Redro »

Every year I proudly announce that I am going to run a marathon (having run the last one 20 years before) - and by the middle of January it is all over for another year. Well, this year I signed up for the Get Running app and in no time at all I was off and running. Literally. 7 months later I am still going strong.

I am now using the Nike+ GPS app, which I love and has been a great motivational tool which has kept me going after I "graduated". This morning I recorded a couple of PBs on Nike+ - longest distance (10 ks), fastest 1 k, fastest 1 mile, fastest 5 ks, fastest 10 ks. Nike+ synchs all your runs to your home page - giving you a variety of reports and stats.

Have just signed up for a 10 k race in Lyon in the beginning of October. It all started with Get Running on the 4th of January!
Redro

Re: It all started on the 4th of January....

Post by Redro »

Finished my first 10k race in Lyon yesterday. Along with 15,000 others (marathon, half and 10k). Thanks Get Running, it's great to be a born again runner!