First day (fail)

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Justine

First day (fail)

Post by Justine »

Hi, I did my first day today, I think of myself as extremely unfit but determined to turn that around. I only managed to do 5 of the eight runs. Is there hope?!
matt

Re: First day (fail)

Post by matt »

Yes. Yes, there is hope. Also: there is no fail here. Not getting out and trying might be a fail, but getting out and doing five out of eight runs is a definite success.

If you go out in two or three days and try again, and keep on doing that, then you'll get better, and sooner or later you'll do eight runs out of eight.

Get Running lets you do weeks over until you're confident enough to move onto the next week (if it ever jumps you ahead to a week where you're not comfortable yet, just tap on the previous week in the little path down at the bottom of the home screen, and then when you press "run" it'll go back and let you re-run that week instead.)

When I did the Get Running plan, I started the "nine-week" plan in July, and finished it in October. Since then I've done six half marathons. And plenty of people have taken longer to finish the plan. Don't worry if you can't do every run first time, is what I'm saying :)

Matt
Matt. Splendid Things web guy and Android developer. Started running with Get Running in 2009. Three 10Ks and six half-marathons done since then :)
Justine

Post by Justine »

Mahnster1

Post by Mahnster1 »

Agree with Matt. How many capable people did not get up and do something? You got up, you did 5 minutes of running, you win! Soon enough it will be more. Please keep us informed on you progress.

Ron