Where is The Voice from?

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Dinkdankdoo1

Re: Where is The Voice from?

Post by Dinkdankdoo1 »

She sounds like she's from Portsmouth/Southampton way to me. Worryingly I have found myself talking back to her now, especially when she makes me run after a walk.
NervousNewbie

Post by NervousNewbie »

If she sounds Aussie shes probably from Suffolk lol. Everyone says we sound like Aussies.
Stassy

Post by Stassy »

It all goes well until she say "half". Then I reckon there may even be some Norfolk in there.
On the first day I used get running she scared me out of my whits . All was quiet during the warm up - just me and madonna in one ear - then this voice came into the other ear and made me jump! Anyone watching must have thought me very strange. I now know where on my route to expect her so i prepare myself!
AssOfDoom

Post by AssOfDoom »

She sounds like the woman who used to play Holly the computer on Red Dwarf!
Dawn

Post by Dawn »

Agggghhhh after all this time - still no definitive answer???? lol
Lisa

Post by Lisa »

I thought Australian, but when she says half, sounds Bristol?
:)
ant311266

Post by ant311266 »

Hello All...I love her, she kept me going. I am Shrewsbury based and felt she had a slight Salopian (Shropshire) accent. I call her Cindy. Regards Anthony.
benjohn

Post by benjohn »

:-) Okay, a New Year treat. I hope it won't disappoint anyone to find out the truth!

"The voice" is a girl called Clare. She spent her childhood in Ireland and then her family moved to the UK and lived in Essex (that's just East of London), which is probably why she has a lovely voice that is tricky to place! Clare is a primary school teacher and her husband is a musician and sound recordist.

The Get Running audio was mostly recorded during one day. I wrote the "script" before hand and Clare refined it to make it more natural for her. It was a rare, extremely hot UK day, and the studio was sweltering. For fans of ironic trivia, we all had fish and chips for lunch, which seemed somehow fitting. Clare's husband needed to then spent another day cleaning up the audio and editing it down to create the finished product you hear in the App.

Thanks for all your creative ideas, and I think Clare is happy to be known by another name if you are used to that :-)

Happy new year!