Week 4 and feeling fab!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Carla

Week 4 and feeling fab!

Post by Carla »

So I'm just back from my first week at week 4, am 26 years old and reasonably fit already so skipped the first two, but I'm amazed at how good I feel after! Teaming running with gym on my days off and combat, which is helping to keep me' motivated too. Here's hoping I can make it to the end, then it's 5k comp I think! Is it me' or does everyone else find the first few mins the hardest? And then it's like you suddenly feel good!!! X good luck to everyone else too! X
K8ty

Re: Week 4 and feeling fab!

Post by K8ty »

Hi Carla well done! I'm 27 and skipped week one. I found week 2 fine, week three a bit harder. I'm just back from run 1 week 4 and I found it really difficult. I nearly stopped on the last 5 minute run but kept going....barely.

I actually find it much easier at the start and harder toasted the end. I find it hard to imagine ever running 5k straight. But still gonna keep battling on. Keep up the good work!
runrachierun

Re: Week 4 and feeling fab!

Post by runrachierun »

Hi Girls, Im 27 and also quite fit, have been runnng on and off for a year. I started the training on week 1, Sunday and have done two runs now which i found fine. After reading your posts i may skip ahead a week to week 2 for my next run.
I've noticed the running seems to get easier towards the end, maybe its because the end is in sight