Constant running jumps from 8mins to 20, eek!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Heidijaneh

Constant running jumps from 8mins to 20, eek!

Post by Heidijaneh »

Hi, I'm just about to start c25k and was looking through the runs to see how they progress and are slightly freaked out by week 5. I don't know how I'll go from 2x 8 min runs to 20 MINUTES STRAIGHT!!!! This seems like a big ask and not very gradual at all. I know it goes back down after that. I wanted to know from those who are further on the app how you went with this huge increase in stamina?
starknut

Re: Constant running jumps from 8mins to 20, eek!

Post by starknut »

I just answered this question in another post, so I'll just copy the link here:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1327#p7125

It's not hard, just take it five minutes at a time!
Heidijaneh

Post by Heidijaneh »

Thank you this thread was great! I will stop stressing and start running!
Not a runner-yet!

Post by Not a runner-yet! »

DON'T LOOK AHEAD!!!! I decided to just do what I was told and try not to think too hard about it. Remember all of the early runs lead up to the later runs, you'll be ready! I just finished week 8 and I think if I'd looked too far ahead I would have quit! So keep running and keep reading the forum. Good luck!!
Sheri
Shona

Post by Shona »

I felt the same way, but it was actually easier than I thought. Dont forget although you are running 8 minutes you are doing it twice - 16 MINUTES !! so you are only adding on 4. I really didnt think I could do it, but the interval training really does work. In the meantime, stick to concentrating on a week at a time, you will get there. I actually jumped in the air when I done it! And I didnt care who was looking. It felt great :lol: