Ready for Wk 5

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
RJ1975

Ready for Wk 5

Post by RJ1975 »

I haven't posted in awhile but I'm still going strong. My clothes are getting looser and I feel great. I'm about to embark on week 5. Also, I've decided to do some light circuit training twice a week on the off days. I'm thankful for this program. I hope you all are well and you all have a great weekend.

Take care,

Ryan
Mummyrita

Re: Ready for Wk 5

Post by Mummyrita »

Well done! I am about to start week 5, too. I was feeling a bit daunted by the idea of 3 5 minute runs until Friday when I went for a run but didn't have time to do the full half hour program, so I just started running. I did 15 minutes! Admittedly, I did stop after 5 minutes to catch my breath for a moment, but it was at the top of a ridiculously steep hill (I get out of breath walking up it). So I'm raring to go. I've started losing weight too - I'm wearing a top today that I haven't worn in months because it was too tight.

All the best with week 5!
RJ1975

Post by RJ1975 »

Mummyrita wrote:Well done! I am about to start week 5, too. I was feeling a bit daunted by the idea of 3 5 minute runs until Friday when I went for a run but didn't have time to do the full half hour program, so I just started running. I did 15 minutes! Admittedly, I did stop after 5 minutes to catch my breath for a moment, but it was at the top of a ridiculously steep hill (I get out of breath walking up it). So I'm raring to go. I've started losing weight too - I'm wearing a top today that I haven't worn in months because it was too tight.

All the best with week 5!
Thank you Rita! All the best to you. I will check with you next week to see how you're doing. I've notice that my thighs are getting smaller, so I'm in it to win it!

Take care
Digbycat

Post by Digbycat »

Well done all - I procrastinated my way through week 5 doing multiple repetitions of the first run but then just went for the next two, and they were fine. I did w6 r1 this morning and it's amazing how comfortable the 5ins felt now.

Keep at it :)
lizmizje

Post by lizmizje »

Week 5 run 1 is in my calendar for tomorrow... must say, I am much more afraid from the 3rd run of the week (20 minutes non-stop) than from the 3x5! But let's see first how tomorrow will go.. the first interval will be the most difficult one, as always.... I always end up looking like this :oops:

I heaven't really lost any weight, yet, although I am much more conscious with what I am eating (thinking for a while on turning vegetarian, managed to reduce meat consumption to max. 1 x week, hubby doesn't want to accept less than that :D ).. would definitely good to loose some pounds, though :roll: