WOW....... That was tough!!!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Toadie

Re: WOW....... That was tough!!!

Post by Toadie »

Ugh, sorry you couldn't make it. OK here are my suggestions:

Make a brand new playlist of awesome songs to listen to while you run, and when you're running, concentrate on listening to the song and singing along in your head, not on how much time has passed or how the running feels etc.

Tell yourself you can just run for 30 more seconds and then stop. And keep telling yourself that until 5 minutes are up!

Think to yourself: come on, my body can do this, it's a healthy human body that's been running lots of times over lots of weeks. I just need to let it do its thing, and shut down my brain while my body keeps in the rhythm of running.

Hope that helps!
DebraC

Post by DebraC »

Thanks Toadie... I love the suggestion of telling myself just 30 more seconds until 5 minutes are up... I'm going to give that a try for sure. And yes, I do need a new play list! Will let you know how Thursday goes!!
DebraC

Post by DebraC »

Success! I have completed W4R1 (Th) & W4R2 (today). Thank you so much Toadie- the new songs, and strategy worked! I have one more W4 run to go and that should be on Monday... which I hope do, but I seem to be fighting a bit of a cold.
Thanks again Toadie- it's great to hear from someone who has 'been there, done that'. Hope you're enjoying your weekend!! Debra.
Toadie

Post by Toadie »

Fantastic, congratulations! Week 4 is a tough one - huge well done for getting through it! My weekend is going well, just about to nip out for a half hour trot, such a good feeling!
DebraC

Post by DebraC »

Toadie, I just wanted to wish you a wonderful weekend! I am thrilled to have completed week 4 with success and am looking forward to the challenge week 5 is sure to bring. Take Care! Debra.