Running Shoes

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
jimboskier

Running Shoes

Post by jimboskier »

I am about to start the running program soon and I was wondering if anyone knew of any good running shoes for heavy set men. I started a simple running program last summer but ultimately failed due to my cheap sneakers causing an injury. I have currently been looking at the New Balance MR1224. I just wanted to see if anyone knew of any other good sneakers.
britnilinda

Re: Running Shoes

Post by britnilinda »

Discuss a weight-loss program: The Guide 5 shed nearly two ounces from their previous version, but didn't lose a shred of extra padding. Tests showed that it's equally supportive as earlier versions. Saucony got more having less by lowering the particular heel-to-toe drop (which testers say helped them run using their forefeet); and using lighter rubber within the outsole. its only problem: Shoelaces that are long.
starknut

Re: Running Shoes

Post by starknut »

Find a running shop where you are, even a big-name sporting goods store should be able to help. They can do a proper fitting and help you find what works best for you.