Week 6

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
JaneB

Week 6

Post by JaneB »

Hi,

Just want to check - having completed the 20 min straight run today for week 5 run 3 is it right that week 6 goes back to 5,8,5 minutes runs, with 3 minute walks in between then week 2 is 10 minutes with a break in between? I'm not complaining, it just seems to be easier than w5r3. Is that right, or is there a bug in my app?

Jane
Prkwy

Re: Week 6

Post by Prkwy »

Hi Jane, thinking the Sam thing you were. I do W5R3 tomorrow and looki g at W6r1 it shows exactly what you state. I guess it must be right. Enjoy your run!
starknut

Post by starknut »

Week 6 goes back to intervals briefly. Surprisingly, a lot of people really struggle with it after the big 20 minute run. The pitfall is in assuming you can tackle the intervals with no trouble because you just completed a full 20 minutes, but it's still really important to pace yourself and take it slowly.
JaneB

Post by JaneB »

You're right, I was assuming that it would be a breeze after 20 mins straight. Pride comes before a fall me thinks!
Mahnster1

Post by Mahnster1 »

Jane,
Am right there with you. I just finished week 6 this morning. The first 20 min of the run wasn't bad, but I kept wanting to look at the time the last 5 min. I also have run keeper that squawks about 20 seconds before I hit the 5 min interval on C25K. The upside about when you make 25 min run, is you then know you will get to 30 min in week 9! Heck, it is only 5 more min, and you will have 6 more runs before you try it.