Wanna be Runkeeper Street mates?

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Dawn

Wanna be Runkeeper Street mates?

Post by Dawn »

I just wondered if an Get Running runners would like to link up on Runkeeper so we can share runs? I know not everyone will have Runkeeper (I love it as an accompaniment to Get Running)

Also - i guess some people may not like sharing the idea of sharing speeds etc - but I am still slow! I almost reached my first 5K today...so I was so pleased...anyway - if anyone does fancy beiong streetmates - this is my profile...

http://runkeeper.com/user/DawnieT/profile

Cheers

Dawn
DarrenG

Re: Wanna be Runkeeper Street mates?

Post by DarrenG »

I use Runkeeper to track my progress whilst using the GetRunning App.

This is me: http://runkeeper.com/user/DarrenGriffin/profile
Dawn

Post by Dawn »

Hi Darren - Thanks for adding me - I like seeing the runs of other people too - it spurs me on - Virtual running buddies :) i saw you other post too - you are going great guns aren't you? I am still slow - but building up the time nicely.....
DarrenG

Post by DarrenG »

Building up slowly is good. I'm running farther but I wouldn't claim to be fast! Still this time last year I was recovering from a major leg-op and walking was hard enough so I'm delighted to be able to run. Got another 28min run later today.

Need to find another challenge for when I finish Week 9. Think I'll try and improve my 5k times and then maybe look at entering a 5k run for fun.
Dawn

Post by Dawn »

There's the bridge 2 10k isn't there? I don't know how soon to go on to trying that... I guess I will consolidate the 30 mins for a bit.... I just keep rewinding The Get Running app because it's so much more friendly! ;)
DarrenG

Post by DarrenG »

Thanks, I hadn't heard of that before. I've bought it. Only trouble now is finding enough time for all this running!
Dawn

Post by Dawn »

Ha ha ... I kow what you mean! I have a long commute and can work odd hours so it ca be difficult.... The B210k app is very basic... The prompts are not really anything more than a short order.... Need a get running version!!!! Hint hint !!! ;)
DarrenG

Post by DarrenG »

Yes good idea. And then a 1/2 Marathon one as well please ;)
Dizzysmum

Post by Dizzysmum »

Dawn wrote:I just wondered if an Get Running runners would like to link up on Runkeeper so we can share runs? I know not everyone will have Runkeeper (I love it as an accompaniment to Get Running)

Also - i guess some people may not like sharing the idea of sharing speeds etc - but I am still slow! I almost reached my first 5K today...so I was so pleased...anyway - if anyone does fancy beiong streetmates - this is my profile...

http://runkeeper.com/user/DawnieT/profile

Cheers

Dawn

Hi Dawn

Think I just sent you invite to my run keeper, not sure though!,

Have you looked at mapmyrun app, looks ok, used it couple of times to measure routes before I set off.

Can't believe I am still going and quite enjoying my runs. Off on hols tomorrow and taking my running gear with me, I never thought I would ever do that.

Keep running

Tina
Dawn

Post by Dawn »

Hi Tina, i have accepted :) Thanks. I have got mapmyride but i really like runkeeper. I sort of know roughly where i am going to go - depepnding on how much time i have...though i guess routs would be really useful if i go running when i am away - like you...tho runkeeper has a routs oprtion too. I am the same - I am even beginning to believe I am a runner now! :) Isn't it funny how you can just hate something for so long....then....have a complete turnaround! :) Have a great holiday - going anywhere nice?