Just started week seven

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
starknut

Just started week seven

Post by starknut »

I had posted about how I was really struggling with week six, and had a ton of trouble with the 25 minute run at the end of the week. My body was telling me to take a break from running, so I listened, and took a week's vacation from the program (AGAIN, third time now).

And it was worth it! I started week seven today and was a MACHINE. I ran my fastest mile and came close to my distance record. That 25 minute run felt like nothing at all!
shabbyroad

Re: Just started week seven

Post by shabbyroad »

I was amazed that the step up from week 6 to week 7 wasn't as difficult as I thought.
I reckon by week 7 I was thinking "I've put this much time into it I better deliver" and my body is probably getting fitter.

I would have laughed 8 or 9 weeks ago if you had suggested to me I'd be running 4km in 25-30 minutes.
starknut

Post by starknut »

I'm a little jealous of you, managing 4 km, though I'm actually not that far behind you: I think I did 3.7 km my last run. When I get discouraged at my pacing - because if you'd ask me, I'd swear I was the slowest runner in the known world - I have to remind myself that even though I feel slow, I ran about two miles without stopping, which is something I never thought I'd do!

Though I have to admit, the end goal of completing a half marathon still feels entirely out of my reach.
GettingUpOfftheCouch

Post by GettingUpOfftheCouch »

I'm having trouble with the week 6. Hopefully this week I'll do better on the 25 min run. Couldn't finish it one time. Net time did w6r2 again. All kinds of fail. I guess I should start at w6r1 again?? What would you do??? :geek:
starknut

Post by starknut »

GettingUpOfftheCouch wrote:I'm having trouble with the week 6. Hopefully this week I'll do better on the 25 min run. Couldn't finish it one time. Net time did w6r2 again. All kinds of fail. I guess I should start at w6r1 again?? What would you do??? :geek:
It never hurts to repeat a week that you've struggled with. I just finished a repeat of week 7, and the difference between the first time and the second was like night and day. It has definitely given me the confidence to move on to week 8.