Sticky: Introductions!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Karla

Re: Sticky: Introductions!

Post by Karla »

Hi I'm Karla, from New Jersey. USA. Started the app last night and I loved it.
I love the encouragement (10 more seconds!) and I really think I can do it this time!
Mums the word

Post by Mums the word »

Hi I'm Heather from Melbourne, Australia. I've just completed a 12 week body transformation program and lost 10kgs. Now back at what I weighed before having the kids. Now I have to stick to what I've learnt but not be on a diet everyday of my life. Surely I could run. Yes, I can run. I've never liked to run. My head thumps, legs hurt, can't breath...

No more excuses, I've just got to get out there and give it a go.

If I run I could have a piece of chocolate. I love chocolate.

I've got to do this. I will do this. Even though it's winter in Melb.

Here goes.
:lol:
Kmda17044

Post by Kmda17044 »

Hi. I'm Kasey. I live in the US - in Pa specifically. I have always wanted to run, but lacked the motivation or the know how. I also have moderate asthma. I am currently on week 3 run 2. I have started going to Zumba as well, which I really enjoy. It is nice to meet all of you.
jaysonjaz

Post by jaysonjaz »

Hello Everyone,
I'm Jason and I'm from Wilmington, Delaware USA (close to Philadelphia) I'm 33 and I have had enough of spending the best years of my life fat and out of shape. I used to run long distance when I was in high school, but that was 15 years, and about 60 pounds ago.

I'm on week 2 and I'm really enjoying the app. I feel like I'm going to be able to do this and get myself back into shape with your help!

Thanks
jason
ambertastic22

Post by ambertastic22 »

Hi all! My name's Amber. I am a 28 year old working mom of two kids (18 and 4 months). I live in northern Minnesota. I ran my first session yesterday and it was great! I am definitely feeling which muscles I worked the most today! No worries I did stretch plenty before and after! :) My main goal from running is to lose weight and gain stamina. I have lost all the baby weight already but I have about another 50 lbs to lose to get to my ideal weight.

Good luck to all the newbs out there!
Bonnylee

Post by Bonnylee »

Hi, I'm Bonny and I am in hot, humid, New Orleans. I am 47 and have set a goal of completing a marathon before my 50th birthday. Right now I just want to complete a 5k without passing out! I am about to head out for my 1st "long" run. W5D3 and came here for encouragement. I was truly moved and motivated by the posts here and the passion of the runners. I know I can do this and will remember some of the words I read here when the road gets long. Thanks for a wonderful program, it's just what I needed.
Alg324

Post by Alg324 »

Hello! I live in Southwest PA and am really hoping I can stick with this program to get healthy and lose some weight! I just finished wk2 r2. It was hard but I will keep at it. :D
queenofkings

Post by queenofkings »

Hello all!

My name is Samantha and I am from Ontario, Canada. I am a 30 year old mom of three and I just downloaded the C25K app. I've got a good pair of shoes, my iPod is loaded, and I'm out of excuses. I am totally intimidated, and super excited. My goal is to be able to keep up with my younger brother, who has become an amazing and dedicated runner over the past year.

My first run is tonight. Eep. Wish me luck!
Kristin

Post by Kristin »

Hi! My name is Kristin and I live is Southwestern Ontario Canada. I'm 27, and I've got about 20lbs to loose to get down to a better weight, but I would be happy just toning everything up too :D My cousin is a runner, and I've always been envious because I used to love to run when I was younger, so I decided to download the app and try it for myself. Hope all goes well!
Ladybug79

Post by Ladybug79 »

Hi! Getting in shape here in Québec, Canada! Going to try it nice and slow because I worry about knee pain. Did W1D1 today ;)