Girls...what do you do for bouncy ta ta's? :)

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
scooty77

Girls...what do you do for bouncy ta ta's? :)

Post by scooty77 »

My biggest problem when jogging is the soreness I get from my ta ta's bouncing. I've worn sports bras and padded bras...any suggestions would be great! Thanks!
Rhiannon

Re: Girls...what do you do for bouncy ta ta's? :)

Post by Rhiannon »

Ta tas, what a great term :)

Personally I use a LessBounce Shock Absorber, I forget the exact model (http://www.lessbounce.com/ or look at http://www.shockabsorber.co.uk/bounceometer/shock.html as well) but whatever one you go for, go for the highest level you can get, for maximum impact sports, level 4 in Shock Absorbers. In my previous experience, "normal" sports bras just don't support enough, and you absolutely don't want to cause damage to the tissue of your assets, which can happen if they're not supported properly.

HTH! :)
LuRPh

Post by LuRPh »

As a larger-busted female, I've struggled with this issue also. I've found Moving Comfort's Maia bra to be the best and most comfortable.
kishe_lily

Post by kishe_lily »

The shock absorber bra that Rhiannon mentioned is brilliant, definitely my favorite sports bra to date. I also have an underwired sports bra from Marks&Spencers which is pretty good (can't find it on their website or I'd post a link). You could also try wearing two sports bras at once, I had a friend who swore by this, although I've never found it particularly comfortable, might be worth a try though. Good luck!
Sweaty Swede

Post by Sweaty Swede »

Glad someone raised this issues...guys have it SO easy :)

I've taken to a berlei ultru fitted crop-top. It flattens you out like a pancake so it's not hugely flattering but then nearly is the red huffy puffy face so I don't really care too much. I wear this with a singlet which also has a built in support...I'm pretty much plastered in from here and can focus on the pain in my legs instead.

Works for me :) good luck :lol:
Toilet Duck

Post by Toilet Duck »

Sweaty Swede wrote:Glad someone raised this issues...guys have it SO easy :)
If you say so, but have a google for "testicular torsion." You girls, I'm lead to believe get sore boobies if you use no support, where as we lads can get something ranging from the feeling of being kicked in the nuggets to loosing a testicle or two (at worst case) from running without adequate support.
Sweaty Swede

Post by Sweaty Swede »

OK TD the feminist in me says...at least women don't stare at them when you're running... :lol: