Week 3 (mon-wed-fri) by Linda231

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Linda231

Week 3 (mon-wed-fri) by Linda231

Post by Linda231 »

"I am really proud of myself" :D hope that's not to boastful.
Today was my week 3 run 2, did it early this morning before it got to hot. I am doing much better than I thought I would. It does seem I don't have enough breath sometimes. Does anyone else have this problem, does this improve over time too? My calf's get really sore on the 3 min runs, so I am a little scared for when I have to run 5 min, was so glad when she said you have 10 seconds to go :lol: I would like to hear from others in the same week as me. Also diet tips for helping my body be strong for the runs. I have very high cholesterol, so I am running in hopes of helping that, and to loose weight. Every morning I drink a Green Vibrance shake, which seems to give me energy through out the day. Was thinking I should use some form of protein power also, any thoughts on that would be appreciated too.
Thanks, I will post again of my Fri run. :P
andyd12003

Re: Week 3 (mon-wed-fri) by Linda231

Post by andyd12003 »

I did week 3 last week. I completed my first run on week 4 yesterday. I am not expert but make sure after and before your runs you strecth properly, as this will always help. Dont over do things, and if the pain continues it may be worth consulting a sports physio.
Linda231

Post by Linda231 »

Andy, tell me a little more about your first run in week four. How was it?
andyd12003

Post by andyd12003 »

I thought I was going to struggle more than I actually did. It was hard running for 5 minutes, but I dug in and kept going. I noticed that the distance that I actually ran in the whole session was longer.
Looking forward to repeating the run tomorrow. I always set out to beat the previous time I did, so will wait and see if I can do that!
Linda231

Post by Linda231 »

Thanks Andy, the post are really encouraging. You are doing great!
Linda
couchto5katy

Post by couchto5katy »

I just finished Week 3, Run 1 and the 3 minute runs felt a little rough. Did it feel easier by the third run?
NeilHughes1

Post by NeilHughes1 »

Keep at it, you are doing fantastic. I only finished the program last week but having been one of the most out of shape guys around and also a self confessed couch potato, the feeling you get from turning your life around with this program is like nothing on earth.
Linda231

Post by Linda231 »

couchto5katy wrote:I just finished Week 3, Run 1 and the 3 minute runs felt a little rough. Did it feel easier by the third run?
Yes, for me I think the 3rd run did feel eaiser, stay positive, it's gonna be worth it!
Linda