Absolute Beginner!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Clare

Re: Absolute Beginner!

Post by Clare »

I've just found another reason to love this app! I forgot to charge my iPhone & as I was leaving realised that I only had 15% battery left. I did the run with no music in the background & it only used 5% of the battery - excellent!

By the way - I'm off to shop for shoes in Cork tomorrow so here's hoping they have some good sports shops!
z3angel

Post by z3angel »

Clare thanks for the tip on the battery. As I am typing this I have about 25% left and I am so tired after my run today I can't be bothered to recharge it. I have to do another run tomorrow. I know I shouldn't do 2 in a row bit I have visitors. BTW good luck with new runners. Makes a huge difference. On week 3 tomorrow. How you doin?
Clare

Post by Clare »

Hi z3angel, I've not been checking the forum for a while but I have been running & I've finished week 3 now. Well, I say finished, I found it quite a step up from a minute and a half to three minutes so I think I'm going to repeat it again just to get more comfortable before moving on. I know what you mean about trying to fit the running in to life - normally it's fine but next week we're visiting family and I'm not sure about letting them know about the running yet so I may have to stick to some good brisk walks and get back to the running when we're back. How have you found week 3?