Week 4 (mon-wed-fri) by Linda231

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Linda231

Week 4 (mon-wed-fri) by Linda231

Post by Linda231 »

:D Wow, I did it! I'm not gonna sugar coat it, It was hard as you know what! I was dragging my feet all morning, dreading this run. After eating so horrible last night, I felt a little sluggish, do you ever just feel like your limbs are so heavy dragging you down? Thats how I felt. Yesterday I also did not drink my "green vibrance" smoothie, which seems like it affected my today, I can tell a big difference when I dont drink that stuff. I just feel stronger if I have. It's gotten so humid here in Florida, I am drenched after the run, even if I do it eairly which I normally do. Wish there was a porta potty near by where I run. The tinkle urge hit me before the first 3 min run was over. :oops: If you just completed week 3 and ready for 4, just know if i can do it so can you, just go slower when it gets hard. ;) Will post again on Wednesday, wishing everyone the best on your running!
Linda
Lauraeliza30

Re: Week 4 (mon-wed-fri) by Linda231

Post by Lauraeliza30 »

Great job! And tons of kudos for not giving up!
Simongeorge

Post by Simongeorge »

Yea I did wk4 run1 today too. I found the second half easier than the first. We're obviously on the same schedule, it'll be good to compare experiences.
Linda231

Post by Linda231 »

That is AWESOME! :lol: Simon, You are doing great! My second 5 min were not easier than the first though. Yep we are on the same schedule. Now for run 2. Do you run in the morning? If so do you have coffee or breakfast before your run? I run in the morning mostly if not I run in evening, I cant run in the heat, it zaps all my strength.
Linda231

Post by Linda231 »

W4r2 completed :!: :lol: Did the run really early this morning, humidity is horrible, felt easier today than the last run. I've been listening to the radio while I run, and this morning it was so funny In my last min of the the 5 min run, i started giggling then went into a bent over uncontrollable laugh. So funny, glad I didn't have to tinkle. :shock: Cars passing by must have thought I was nuts. 20 second later I continue. Have to say it was a fun run! :D Stay strong in your thoughts guys, ( don't listen to yourself if your thinking negatively) this is so much worth the effort, and it feels so good to accomplish something, I cant believe i can run for 5 min straight, you can do this :!: Thanks again for this app.
Linda
Simongeorge

Post by Simongeorge »

I did run2 today, was going to postpone as I was feeling a bit rubbish and didn't have much time to spare, but I forced myself out and I'm glad I did, it was slightly easier than run 1 and I felt good for having done it. As for when I run, I usually run in the middle of the day as I work 7am-8pm but I get a little break during the day ( or carry my kit in the car and blame traffic for running late). I can run at this time because it's still unseasonably cold here in the UK.perhaps my schedule will have to change if the weather warms up here.
Mr Nibbler

Post by Mr Nibbler »

Just finished W4R3(+3) of C25K. Taken me time to get here due to nearly two weeks out with ligament problems and repeating W4 to be on the safe side but I've just recorded my best average speed yet. Huzzah!

Bring on W5, I cry - the third run of that week does not scare me - oh no not at all (actually it does. A lot).
Linda231

Post by Linda231 »

Week 4 Run 3 complete!!! Yippie. Now to rest for 2 days. Hope all is well with everyone! Linda
Simongeorge

Post by Simongeorge »

Me too!
Rest well this weekend 'cos that dreaded w5r3 is looming on the horizon, still by this time next week, I think we'll have earned the right to call ourselves runners!
Linda231

Post by Linda231 »

Simon,
The Friday 20 min seems a little ambitious for me right now, but we will see. :roll: The last 5 min this morning seemed like torture to me. I wonder should I repeat?
Just curious, this question is to everyone. What changes has everyone made since starting the running program? like your diet, or routine, that helps with the running? I'm gonna try to drink more water this weekend, and eat more fruits and veggies. Next week is getting scary!

Good Job Mr. Nibbler, Did you remember to stretch after, seems to help me alot.

Linda