Week 4 (mon-wed-fri) by Linda231

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Mr Nibbler

Re: Week 4 (mon-wed-fri) by Linda231

Post by Mr Nibbler »

I'm eating much more carefully than I have in the past (but a large part of that is to maintain downward trend of my weight). Hummus, sun dried tomatoes, soup as an entire meal, fruit etc. I draw the line at giving up the red wine though!

I do stretch Linda and it does help a great deal. A change of running shoe chosen to suit my gait helped too. I work with a lot of fit young(er) army officers and I fully expected them to rib me unmercilessly. Quite the contrary - they are very supportive and the keen runners amongst them are giving me handy advice whilst willing me to stick with it.

Good luck as we enter W5.
Simongeorge

Re: Week 4 (mon-wed-fri) by Linda231

Post by Simongeorge »

No don't repeat, come on let's do this together! As for water, a personal trainer once told me to drink 2 litres a day, I tried and for the first week felt like a beach ball and was constantly dashing for the toilet, but after a while it settled down and I began to feel much healthier, and with water filling my stomach, I was less inclined to snack, but over time I've let it slip, so that's the change I'm going for, along with less coca cola and chocolate, obviously!