Need advice

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Bobzoe

Need advice

Post by Bobzoe »

Hi I need advice pls i have been in Australia for a hol for over 3 wks and got back to Ireland a week ago before my trip I was up to wk 8run3 and doing really wel , i'v been out 3 times since I came back the first time I tried wk5 run 2 and found it extremely difficult but just about managed it the nx run I repeated the previous run and it was a little bit easier so this morn I tried wk 6 run2 and just couldn't complete the 10 mins I had to stop after 9 mins and just walked til I reached my house feeling like a complete loser , now should I just go back to an earlier part of the prog any advice would be much appreciated
Lauraeliza30

Re: Need advice

Post by Lauraeliza30 »

I would go back to week 5, and complete it again since you said it was the one that you could do. Once you get the hang of it again you might be able to jump ahead almost back to where you were. I am only on week 4 so what do I know though? I have heard people say they like to repeat weeks until they can complete them with ease. So no harm in doing week 5 or six again until you get back into the running groove. Good Luck and Happy Running!
benjohn

Post by benjohn »

Totally agree. No hurry – go back to where you feel comfortable and happy, and go from there.

Also, when you go back a few weeks I think there can be a tendency to go out running too fast because you think it ought to be easy! Be careful not to let this get you. Make sure you keep you pace down, and just get through the time. Go easy on yourself – you'll get it back and go lots further, don't worry!

Happy running,
Benjohn
Bobzoe

Post by Bobzoe »

Thank you for your advice I will try that and see how I get on I did notice that I was running to fast as well so I will slow
NeilHughes1

Post by NeilHughes1 »

I agree too, throttle is your friend, slow it right down and you will find your pace and it will feel much easier.
If you ever have to stop for a rest, don't beat yourself up over it, just repeat until you have mastered the run, I had to do this a few times.

One other tactic I also used was if I had to stop and walk for one minute, I would pay it back by adding a 1 minute run to the end.

Best of luck for your next run, but sure you will be fine.