Week 3, Worried about Week 4

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
couchto5katy

Week 3, Worried about Week 4

Post by couchto5katy »

I just finished week 3 and I thought it was kind of difficult until the 3rd run. I finally got into a groove! Then I noticed week 4 goes up to 16 minutes of running and I totally freaked myself out. Any advice?

http://www.couchto5katy.wordpress.com
Simongeorge

Re: Week 3, Worried about Week 4

Post by Simongeorge »

Having just completed week 4 this morning, I can say, don't worry, if anything I think it was a little easier than last week, you can get up a rhythm and let your mind wander when the intervals are a little longer, also, for me, I think my body is getting used to running, the aching and the gasping for air is a little easier to tolerate ( just kidding-slightly!)
Lauraeliza30

Post by Lauraeliza30 »

I completed week 4 yesterday. It wasn't really that bad. It was tough, but doable if you could do week 3! The five minutes are just an extra two minutes from the three. LOL, so I tell myself, but sometimes it does feel like an eternity. The first 1 might be more of a struggle but as you can continue on it will get easier. Just slow down your pace as need be, it really helps a lot!
couchto5katy

Post by couchto5katy »

I just finished and it really wasn't super horrible and I am alive to write this post!
dani

Post by dani »

I've just finished week 3 run 2 and I'm already stressing about week 4, it sounds ridiculous but 5 minutes just feels like such a long time!