Motivational List

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Wazzaone

Re: Motivational List

Post by Wazzaone »

I'm doing this to get back in shape after gaining 40lbs. Im 43 and want to play on my football team without my mates looking for the defibrillated every time I sprint.
Mrswilkinson07

Post by Mrswilkinson07 »

I am doing this so I can run my first 5k and be proud of my self
I want to be healthier and loose my last 5 pounds :D
yayifications

Post by yayifications »

I've always wanted to be able to run which is something I've struggled with due to lack of fitness and asthma. My mum and I did the Cancer Research Race for Life last year together in honour of my grandmother and I had to walk it. This year my mum was diagnosed with cancer. I want to run the Race for Life next year for her.
chriskaraokeman

Post by chriskaraokeman »

I have been overweight after I got my driving licence back in 1979 :D
I lost all my weight in 1992, but slowly put it all back on, and even more.
I am 50 at the end of December, and quite simply, want to be a lot lighter and fitter @50 :D
bex17

Post by bex17 »

Im doing this because Ive signed up to do the race for life in July. Its such a good cause and after finding out I had skin cancer recently its made me sit up and smell the coffee so to speak, Im 42 years old, slightly over weight and dont do anything and life is passing by so quickly so its time to do something about it and get fit and start to feel a bit better about myself whilst Im doing it. :D
Megparry

Post by Megparry »

I'm doing this to get fit as I'm determined to complete a 5k run for cancer research!!!!
Mummyrita

Post by Mummyrita »

I'm doing this because I'm sick of feeling flabby and unfit, and because I have post-baby weight I need to lose. Because I'm 29 and scared that if I'm not in shape when I'm 30 I'll never be (seeing what my genes are like in my grandma/aunts/mum). Because I like the time out from kids and life that it gives me. Because I love the feeling when I'm fit and running - it's exhilarating. And because I want to give my husband the satisfaction of a wife who cares for her body.