Week 5 R1 DONE! Is puking an option? :)

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Lauraeliza30

Week 5 R1 DONE! Is puking an option? :)

Post by Lauraeliza30 »

I was supposed to do my week 5 Run 1 on Sunday, but beer drinking on Friday and eating every thing in sight on Saturday made my legs not want to cooperate on Sunday. I just couldn't get past a minute of the run. I did do 45 minutes of cardio that day so I really think it was just my mind playing tricks on me. I just couldn't find the motivation. On my first 5 minute run today my brain kept telling me I just couldn't do it, but I didn't let it win this time. I am running on a treadmill, for the most part, so I think boredom is playing a part in my brain telling me I just can't do it. The thing is I did do it today, and I kept telling my brain just to shut up that I can do anything for just 5 minutes. I have been watching my diet since I started this and have lost 7 pounds and I do feel what I eat and drink plays a part in how my running is progressing so I will keep that in mind for the remainder of the running program. I am scared to death of the last run of the week, but for now I am just going to focus on my next run which should be Thursday. I am thinking Thursday will be a run outside day, and even if I can't make it through the entire thing I WILL keep doing it until I can!
Mr Nibbler

Re: Week 5 R1 DONE! Is puking an option? :)

Post by Mr Nibbler »

Well done - I made the mistake of doing a W2 run with a hangover which was a very bad thing indeed so your delaying W5R1 can only have been a good thing. I did W5R2 yesterday along a canal path in 25 degrees C which was a shock to the system, and I scared the wildlife by wearing shorts for the first time. I am so not looking forward to the psychological hurdle of W5R3 on thursday but I want to keep on track to graduate on my 55th birthday in June.

Please keep us updated as to how it is going Laura.