First time running after 10st + weight loss

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Becca

Re: First time running after 10st + weight loss

Post by Becca »

Just finished W1R2 & I'm feeling FAB! Clocked how far I ran this time... 1.8miled!!!!!!!!! I was shocked lol. I had a good stretch to warm up & cool down, also burned 273 cals accurate with my Polar HRM.
Very pleased with myself.
xx Becca xx
Diver shrek

Post by Diver shrek »

Hi,I have JUST starte running currently weigh 21 stone but bug built rugby Player.., it's hard!!!!!
Mr Nibbler

Post by Mr Nibbler »

Becca - good for you. We've all started out like you and been keen enough to stick with it, but frankly your upbeat view is inspiring. Thank you.
Becca

Post by Becca »

Diver shrek wrote:Hi,I have JUST starte running currently weigh 21 stone but bug built rugby Player.., it's hard!!!!!
Oooo how's it going for you? What week & run are you on?
I totally agree its not easy but the feeling of achievement you get from it is awesome. Keep up ur hard work
xx Becca xx
Becca

Post by Becca »

Mr Nibbler wrote:Becca - good for you. We've all started out like you and been keen enough to stick with it, but frankly your upbeat view is inspiring. Thank you.
Why thank you for your kind comment x
Becca

Post by Becca »

Ok so iv had a super busy day today! Me & my Hubby have been out hand delivering our wedding vow renewal invites. We have not stopped all day!
Also we when out last night with a few friends for a drink at out local & got rather drunk! Ops! hehe. So when it came to 9:15pm which is the time for my run I was not ready to go, then friends popped over for a cup of tea do by the time they left it was gone 10pm :o(

But me being me I got my running gear on grabbed my water & still went out. Yay I'm so pleased I did, I felt it more today(but I'm blaming the alcohol from last night for that lol)
The run went well, I beat my last run & punched the air with joy as I passed my half way turn around point :o) ran total distance this time was just under 2 miles & 276 cals burned HRM Accurate xx

I'm looking forward to starting W2 R1 on Tuesday

Hope every1 else is doing good
xx Becca xx
Becca

Post by Becca »

Starting W2 R1 tonight, Cannot wait xx
Redders

Post by Redders »

Hi becca. I did w2r1 last night so more or less at same stage as you. Night off tonight but looking forward to w2r2 tomorrow. Weirdly I found w2r1 bit easier than w1 but not going to get too confident just yet!! I am still wondering if this app will make a runner of me but have to say the comments on this forum are v. encouraging. Enjoy your run tonight
Becca

Post by Becca »

Ok so w2r1 was harder than I expected! But I did it & love it just as much.
But I only realised when I started to run that you have 2days rest after run 3 lol so should not have run till Wednesday.

I still ran as it works out better for me as I was gona have to change Sundays run as we are off to London to watch our Daughter dance on the west end stage at Her Majesty's Theater(super proud patents :))

Hope everyone else's runs whent just as good as mine did,
Hugs sent to you all
xx Becca xx