First time running after 10st + weight loss

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Becca

First time running after 10st + weight loss

Post by Becca »

Hi I'm Becca,
I had a gastric bypass operation in Oct 2011 & iv lost a massive amount of weight so far & now I need to start moving my body more, so I'm taking up running again. I used to run a lot before a gained all the weight & loved it.

I'm starting week 1 day 1 tonight & cannot wait, im just worried i may still be to heavy to do this(iv got another 5st to lose).

I will post how it went later & any advice you can give will be gladly taken.

Thanks & hugs Becca x
Lauraeliza30

Re: First time running after 10st + weight loss

Post by Lauraeliza30 »

Hi and congrats on your weight loss! Have you been doing any exercise at all? I ask because from what I have read if you can walk at a brisk pace for 20 to 30 minutes then you are capable of doing the running program. My advice is if you find it too hard, then slack off and start from a slower pace. And repeat week 1 if you need to at the end of the week. Let us know how your first run goes!
Becca

Post by Becca »

Beccaxx Oh WOW! What a feeling, I had forgot how good running makes feel, I want to go back out & do it again lol Yay me xx Cannot wait for Fridays run now xx
andyd12003

Post by andyd12003 »

Well done on all your weight loss, I have lost weight as well, nealry 4 stone now. I still weigh over 20 stone, but I am up to week 7 now.
Eagle5

Post by Eagle5 »

Hi Becca,

Massive congratulations on getting started! Remember to stretch before and after your runs, take it easy when you're out there and if you're struggling, there's nothing wrong with repeating a day or even a week!

Keep up the good work, we're all here doing the same thing. Earlier on this evening I completed Week 4 Day 2. It wasn't easy but the motivation is still very much there.

Best of luck and have fun!

Alex
aby9y

Post by aby9y »

Hi! You've done really well! I'm just starting out, can run on treadmill but not on road so bit worried myself! Am about 2 stone overweight and really need to lose it! How did your 1st day go?
Lauraeliza30

Post by Lauraeliza30 »

A tip for the treadmill is to set your incline at 1% or higher. And try some road running, it is harder but if you are wanting to an actual 5k getting some road experience is helpful. I am trying to mix mine up between road and treadmill. I am in week 5 and am finding the treadmill very boring for the longer runs. Outdoors is much more exciting, especially when you can look back and see the actual distance you covered!
Becca

Post by Becca »

Thanks every one for your lovely comments x
I'm going out this evening to do W1R2 & I'm feeling possative about it.
Will let you know how I get on.
xx Becca xx
Becca

Post by Becca »

andyd12003 wrote:Well done on all your weight loss, I have lost weight as well, nealry 4 stone now. I still weigh over 20 stone, but I am up to week 7 now.
Congratulations on your loss 4st is a fantabulous loss & you will get to goal in no time. Keep up all your hard work running, week 7 looks hard hope your enjoying it.

xx Becca xx
Becca

Post by Becca »

aby9y wrote:Hi! You've done really well! I'm just starting out, can run on treadmill but not on road so bit worried myself! Am about 2 stone overweight and really need to lose it! How did your 1st day go?
Thank you!
I love ruining on treadmill too, but nothing beats getting out in the fresh air & running Hope your first run outside was good, my 1st run was really good & I'm off out again tonight for W1R2.

xx Becca xx