W5 R2 Complete! Happy Dance

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Lauraeliza30

W5 R2 Complete! Happy Dance

Post by Lauraeliza30 »

I just got back from my W5 R2 run. It was only the 2nd time I have run outdoors and I am happy to say it was much easier than I could have expected. Funny thing happened. I was using a different app today called run meter. It is a program that keeps track of everything. The app has a c25k program but it is a little different but you can edit it to follow the get running app. I decided to use this app instead because of everything it tracks... I edited its version of a ten minute run to an eight minute run. On my second run something went a little funky on the app. I had an armband on to hold my phone so I could check the minutes that had past (a blessing or a curse? not quite sure yet). When i started running I was at the middle to the end of a song, then an entire song played, then half of another and I kept thinking I know I have got to be close to 8 minutes. When I never heard the cue to stop running after what seemed like over 8 minutes I ripped my arm band off the best way I could while trying not to stop completely. Come to find out that stupid app had me run for 9.18 minutes. I am super thrilled I made it that long but a bit perturbed at the app malfunction. LOL. I am on cloud nine right now. To go from the treadmill to an outside windy day and being able to finish at what I think was a pretty good pace just makes me feel so good. To think 5 weeks ago, I struggled through a minute of running. I LOVE this program, and at this very moment am feeling confident that I can manage the 20 minute run coming up for me on Saturday! There was even a little hill... and I mean little hill, but just to know I could run up it and it didn't seem that hard was such an accomplishment in itself.... our bodies are amazing little creatures, I tell ya! ;)