O My GOODNESS W5R3 "coldfeet"? Not anymore

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Linda231

O My GOODNESS W5R3 "coldfeet"? Not anymore

Post by Linda231 »

Ok im a little nervous. :?

20 min Run day:
Did it, The lady said I'm a runner :lol:
Mr Nibbler

Re: O My GOODNESS W5R3 "coldfeet"? Not anymore

Post by Mr Nibbler »

I've said it elsewhere but once again - HUZZAH FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!! :D
Simongeorge

Post by Simongeorge »

Yay! go Linda, go Linda, Go Linda. I was scheduled to run my W5r3 today but a VERY long day in work, non stop from 7am to 10pm and 29 degree heat meant I simply couldn't do it, and the weekends not looking too good either, sounds like an excuse I know, but it's not, I want to do this, but Mondays looking most likely. Is that too long a break, should I repeat any ( last run was Wednesday) or just go for it? Thoughts please.
Linda231

Post by Linda231 »

Simongeorge wrote:Yay! go Linda, go Linda, Go Linda. I was scheduled to run my W5r3 today but a VERY long day in work, non stop from 7am to 10pm and 29 degree heat meant I simply couldn't do it, and the weekends not looking too good either, sounds like an excuse I know, but it's not, I want to do this, but Mondays looking most likely. Is that too long a break, should I repeat any ( last run was Wednesday) or just go for it? Thoughts please.
Thanks Simon,
I'm not sure when would be best for you, it don't sound like an excuse, I really don't think I could run if its that cold either. It would be nice if you could find an indoor track or gym on bad weather days. What's your coldest running day? Yeah, you don't wanna wait to long, Go for it as soon as you can weather permitting. Just run slow, that's my advise. Get it over with!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can do this ya know. ;)
Simongeorge

Post by Simongeorge »

He he I think something got lost in translation there, it's not cold, it's 29degrees c, high 80s f, which I know doesn't sound too much if your in Florida or some other warm part of the world, but here in the uk, we're used to being cool and damp so this is a shock to the system, the temp has gone up by about 25 degrees f, virtually overnight! That makes running a lot more difficult, still it's cooling off next week, so I should be fine to continue, or I'll just
have to adjust my schedule.
Linda231

Post by Linda231 »

Lol, that is so funny. :lol: My bad, I would welcome that temp. I'm dying here in this florida sun. Ok, for me early morning just as it gets daylight or just before dark is best for here in Florida, once the sun is beating down on my poor little brain, i wither like a little flower. Just do it today so we are back on track next week, "slow shuffle it" :P go for it!
Linda
andyd12003

Post by andyd12003 »

I know what Simon means!! I am having to delay my runs till well into the evening so it has cooled down, where has my British rain gone!!
Bigsvig

Post by Bigsvig »

Right behind you. Show me how its done!!