Just finished my first run!!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
skpettit1

Just finished my first run!!

Post by skpettit1 »

So very excited and proud of myself for doing my first run. I never, ever thought I would run - ever!! Guess I just proved myself wrong :D I do have a question though - I found I was getting a sore, burn in my throat - is this from how I breathe when I run? If so does anyone have any tips on how I can correct this?

Many Thanks

Kylie
Simongeorge

Re: Just finished my first run!!

Post by Simongeorge »

Congratulations! Welcome to our gang! I think lots of people here are really surprised by their capabilities when they trythis program ( myself included) as for your throat, it maybe just dry, try taking a little bottle of water with you when you run.
Mr Nibbler

Post by Mr Nibbler »

I'm with Simongeorge on this one - carry some water. It could be a bit of hayfever type irritation - I know this has been a bad weekend for birch pollen and my throat was certainly affected when I ran yesterday. The water helped.

And well done - welcome to the madness of C25K.
skpettit1

Post by skpettit1 »

Thanks guys - excited to be here and thanks for the advice I will give it a go :D