Starting Week 5

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
couchto5katy

Starting Week 5

Post by couchto5katy »

I am getting ready to start week 5. I can't believe how fast it has gone by. However, this weekend I went on vacation and am having a hard time motivating myself to go running. It is also abnormally hot out for this time of year (95 degree F). Even blogging doesn't sound appealing to me. How do you get re-motivated after a break?

http://www.couchto5katy.wordpress.com
Mr Nibbler

Re: Starting Week 5

Post by Mr Nibbler »

I had an enforced break of almost two weeks. I got really frustrated that my healing process was not faster because I didn't want to lose more of the ground I had gained up until that point. So, in answer to your question ask yourself: "was I happy with what I was achieving and what the programme was doing for me before my break?" If your answer is yes then reclaim that high ground and continue getting smugger with yourself as you progress. Perhaps drop back a run or two to rebuild confidence if you feel the need.

Good luck with getting back to it.
couchto5katy

Re: Starting Week 5

Post by couchto5katy »

I went out today and just did the run! It was much easier than I thought it would be and I got into a really good rhythm for the first time. I think my body appreciated the break!