Week 6 (mon-wed-fri) by Linda231

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Linda231

Week 6 (mon-wed-fri) by Linda231

Post by Linda231 »

I just realized i never posted w6r1. This was a hard run for me, in the first 3 min of the 8 min run, i felt very week physically and mentally. I was like ughhhhh, I dont know if i can do this. Just on of those days. My body hurt, kinda like just sore all over. Which is nothing new, seems to hurt no matter what, but more when i'm less active. So I slowed way down which helped, just kept going till she said I was done. This app has really grown on me. It is really encouraging. I believe I would have given up a long time ago if I had attempted this own my own without the app. I am really grateful for it. It has allowed me to go at my own pace which is great! Even if it takes me longer to finish than planned, I have to remember that before started this app I basically did no exercise other than my job, housework and yard work. So no beating ourselves up! Think back, we've come a long way baby ! :lol: Hope all is well with my other running buddies.. Stay strong, rootin for ya! Anybody or facebook?
Linda
Mr Nibbler

Re: Week 6 (mon-wed-fri) by Linda231

Post by Mr Nibbler »

Sorry to hear it was a bit of a hassle for you - I quite enjoyed it in a masochistic way. I'm not, however, looking forward much to W6R2 in about 2.5 hours time when I bunk off work a bit early. On the plus side I have a wine tasting to look forward to over dinner in the Mess afterwards so all my good work will be undone in a pleasurable way.
Mr Nibbler

Post by Mr Nibbler »

W6R2 done. I think I tried too hard to improve my speed in the first ten minutes which led to the second ten being a bit of a nightmare - sore thigh muscle, on the verge of a stitch and just willing it all to come to an end whilst gasping for breath. Ah well - another test with the 25 minute run on thursday. The first two written plans I found for this run said it was 22 minutes which didn't faze me - now I discover it's 25 the big fibbers! Deep joy!!

Good luck to the rest of you.
Linda231

Post by Linda231 »

O shoot,
I just looked at tomorrows run for me, I wish i was looking forward to it with excitment. I dont think im enjoying running yet. why is that I wonder? :|
Linda
Linda231

Post by Linda231 »

Mr Nibbler wrote:W6R2 done. I think I tried too hard to improve my speed in the first ten minutes which led to the second ten being a bit of a nightmare - sore thigh muscle, on the verge of a stitch and just willing it all to come to an end whilst gasping for breath. Ah well - another test with the 25 minute run on thursday. The first two written plans I found for this run said it was 22 minutes which didn't faze me - now I discover it's 25 the big fibbers! Deep joy!!

Good luck to the rest of you.
Mr. Nibbler, how did you do on the time? Do you think stretching for a few seconds on the walking time could help with the sore muscle? You are doing really great! Good luck on the next one.
Linda
Mr Nibbler

Post by Mr Nibbler »

Not my best average speed but still better than a couple of weeks ago and before. Good luck today and learn from my silly mistake. The wine tasting was fun though!
Lauraeliza30

Post by Lauraeliza30 »

If you are going to work on your speed do it in the second ten minutes, at least that way you know its your last ten minutes! Actually, focus on finishing and maybe work on speed once you finish the program!!!!
Mr Nibbler

Post by Mr Nibbler »

Yes - I worked that out but it doesn't stop me wanting to compete with myself now as I am very slow. Tomorrow on my 25 minute run I intend to take it very steady indeed. I have a nice route planned West down a canal, over a railway line, over a road and into a big park, then reverse it. Pretty flat and landmarks to tick off. If I headed East it would be 1Km before I even had a little bend in the canal at a lock which would be mind-numbing in the extreme.

Glad to see Simon has done the W5R3 thing - well done him.
Simongeorge

Post by Simongeorge »

Cheers mate! I start wk 6 tomorrow, I'm a bit gutted to have dropped behind you guys and have been trying to work out a way of catching up so we all graduate together, but at the moment that seems unrealistic and potentially dangerous so I doubt I'll do it. Talking of the end, as it's now in sight, what is everyone planning to do post-program? Hit another one or consolidate what we've achieved here, or what? For me, I think im going to consolidate and try to build my speed/distance in the30 minutes. The local 5k route is near my work, so I think I'm going to run that and try to complete it in a reasonable time on my own before thinking about actually entering the race in the autumn or next year.
Lauraeliza30

Post by Lauraeliza30 »

I am only a day ahead of you Simone. I was a day ahead of the crew but a hangover sidelined me a few weeks back.... whoops. lol. I am now enjoying my spot behind them and letting them pave the way for me... they are doing a great job i might add!

My plans for when I'm through (wow, that will be here before we know it) is to go on to a 10k, BUT I really think I am just going to work at getting better and faster at the 5k and then I might set some 10k goals for late winter to early spring next year.