Week 6 (mon-wed-fri) by Linda231

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Linda231

Re: Week 6 (mon-wed-fri) by Linda231

Post by Linda231 »

Woke up at 5am this morning, sent hubby out the door to work. Decided i would try something new. Usually i have my morning coffee, today decided to run first thing . I have a very busy day today. Work today then my daughters hs graduation and some other last miniute things that i gotta do. So i did it and it worked out pretty well, i only stopped for like 10 sec, there was a possum crossing the road, was afraid just a little so i walked past it. Im not gonna beat myself up on the speed thing. Im 5"2 with short leggs, i dont think my body is made to go fast, just glad my body is moving. Hope everyone does great on their 3rd run. So sorry you are sick Simon, this will pass, then you will be back at it. Have a great weekend everyone. Im so proud of us!!!!! We are AWESOME! Yay! :D
Mr Nibbler

Post by Mr Nibbler »

Well done Linda. We don't have possums this side of the pond but if we did I'm sure I would have warily skirted around it too.

Get well soon Simon - we'll be here waiting for you. Hope you have a nice weekend and are feeling better after it.

My next run is on Sunday - and this is the Queen's Diamond Jubilee so we have Monday and Tuesday as public holidays (and as I'm an Army officer the Armed Forces had today off as well to celebrate her official birthday). Lots of pomp and pageantry happening around the country so it should be good break. Hoping for an improvement in the weather so we can break out the Pimms (I suspect you ladies won't know what that is) and fire up the barbie. Hoorah!
Simongeorge

Post by Simongeorge »

Yes Robin, you are so right, I think the whole of Monday afternoon could be 'Pimms o clock' :D
Then back to it on Tuesday.
Could be just what the doctor ordered
Have a good weekend everyone
Linda231

Post by Linda231 »

Mr Nibbler wrote:Well done Linda. We don't have possums this side of the pond but if we did I'm sure I would have warily skirted around it too.

Get well soon Simon - we'll be here waiting for you. Hope you have a nice weekend and are feeling better after it.

My next run is on Sunday - and this is the Queen's Diamond Jubilee so we have Monday and Tuesday as public holidays (and as I'm an Army officer the Armed Forces had today off as well to celebrate her official birthday). Lots of pomp and pageantry happening around the country so it should be good break. Hoping for an improvement in the weather so we can break out the Pimms (I suspect you ladies won't know what that is) and fire up the barbie. Hoorah!
You are right Robin, I don't know what Pimms or Pomps are. I did'nt know you don't have possums there, It was kinda scary. What are we gonna do when where done with this program? Just keep running for 30 min over and over? Work on getting faster and stronger? I just don't know. Do you think if I just keep running, I will learn to like it more? I sure hope so.
Linda
Mr Nibbler

Post by Mr Nibbler »

Linda, I'm planning on keeping running half hour sessions two to three times a week and perhaps the occasional saturday morning Parkrun (which haven't taken off in America yet - there's only one so far near Detroit whilst here in the UK most big towns and cities have at least one - check out parkrun.com).

As for the odd words: pomp means stately or splendid display; Pimms is an alcoholic drink popular here in the summer served in a tall glass with lemonade, lots of ice and fruit floating in it. Yummy.
Cardiochick

Post by Cardiochick »

I just found this forum and I think I will be glad I did. I am getting ready to run w6r3 today. I'm dreading the 25min run! Like you, I'm not sure I like running but I really love the sense of accomplishment afterwards. My 5k is June 16. Slow and steady is the name of the game for me today.
Mr Nibbler

Post by Mr Nibbler »

Good luck Cardiochick and welcome to the forum - let us know how your run went. I'm on W7R1 this afternoon and looking forward to it.
Mr Nibbler

Post by Mr Nibbler »

I spoke too soon - it was horrible. Rain getting heavier as I progressed,slow pace as cows had churned up the path and I made the mistake of tracking the time which was utterly depressing. And I'd forgotten my water. Hopefully W7R2 will be better.
Simongeorge

Post by Simongeorge »

But you did it Robin, thats the main thing. At least when you've done a hard run, the rest should be easier! I'm getting really frustrated here, still achy and bunged up, but got to get going again tomorrow (not today, too much pomp and pimms to get through :D )
Mr Nibbler

Post by Mr Nibbler »

I'm with you on the pomp and Pimm's. Sorry to hear you're still suffering though - I hope it lifts from you soon and good luck tomorrow. Now it's time to pick up some more supplies including ice, fruit and lemonade to keep us topped up!