Does anyone not manage?

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Mr Nibbler

Re: Does anyone not manage?

Post by Mr Nibbler »

"for some bizarre reason find myself looking forward to it"

Natty - when I read this a big genuine and entirely unexpected smile split my face for two reasons: firstly I think we've all had this experience, and secondly you're now officially hooked! Welcome to the madness :D
Natty1976

Post by Natty1976 »

Just thought I'd pop on quickly and say I've done run 3 and thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm actually itching a bit to start wk2 and am a bit gutted I have to wait until Sunday!

Thanks again all :)
Lauraeliza30

Post by Lauraeliza30 »

Everyone gets the itch to move ahead. My advice, don't move ahead until it is time! You will appreciate the wait time! And it gives your body a chance to do some healing. To go from being active to running requires some getting used to by the ole body! Congrats on finishing your first week!
Simongeorge

Post by Simongeorge »

I seem to find at least five excuses not to do every run, but then I just put my trainers on and tell myself to just get on with it. I always feel good for it and I'm glad I did it.
Bobzoe

Post by Bobzoe »

As all the post have said above everyone has had days just like you and feel like giving up and feel like ' I cannot do this I'm not a runner its for others' but believe me you can do it , I rem my first run I thought I'd die seriously was awful but the nx time I knew I wouldn't die and kept plodding along its not been easy and I did have to talk myself into going out 3 times a wk but I persevered and now am on my last wk now I'm no speedy Gonzales but I run at my own pace and enjoy it and feel so great afterwards so don't give up on yourself you will be amazed how well you will do , keep at it and good luck by the way I'm 59 this June and i'v never did much exercise apart from working in a crèche for yrs so now I am a runner and I'm lovin it
Bobzoe

Post by Bobzoe »

Every one has says like yours sometimes I feel like not going out for run but I push myself and when I finish it I feel so good for the rest of the day I love that hormone that the body releases after exercise keeps me goin and my music while tryin to run I love Katy perry firewor one of my fav I couldn't run without my music