Not ready for prime time!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Katydoes

Not ready for prime time!

Post by Katydoes »

:oops: after completing W1 on a treadmill I was ready to run outside, or so I thought! Wind was blowing, lungs were burning, and my legs felt like bricks. Almost finished W2 R1, but not quite. I'm not discouraged, but I refuse to run on the treadmill again. I will do W1 again outside and build on that! Can't wait for Friday!
Psalm3322

Re: Not ready for prime time!

Post by Psalm3322 »

Congratulations on W1 success! I did W1R1 yesterday. It was not pretty, but I did it. I'm sore, but that just reminds me that I did it... And that makes me smile! Keep at it and in just a few weeks you'll have to change from Katydoes to Katydid!!
Lauraeliza30

Post by Lauraeliza30 »

Congrats! I too switched from the treadmill and I didn't do it till last week which was my week 5! It was the best thing I could have done. It was hard at first but now I love it and can't even think of going back to the gym to get on the treadmill. I am sure I will use the treadmill again, but as the runs got longer it was beginning to be such a bore!
Bigsvig

Post by Bigsvig »

Hang in there. Tonight I'll run w4r2. Each is just as hard as the last, but I ran 5 min. <pause> I ran 5 whole minutes - twice. I would have never believed it whenI was in w1. You will get there - i know you will
Katydoes

Post by Katydoes »

Thanks for the encouragement. Can't believe that I am this excited about running. This is so far out of my comfort zone, but love having this goal!