Nervous Wreck over W5R3

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
LindaC

Nervous Wreck over W5R3

Post by LindaC »

This morning I was scheduled to do the 20 minute run of W5R3 after not doing it last week and repeating week 5 over again because I was sure I wasn't ready. I mean how do you go from 8 minutes to 20 - this lady surely didn't know how much of an un-fit, non-runner I was! I made myself a nervous wreck but had read the boards this week and took you all with me telling myself my goal was to go slow so that I could finish strong and with a smile. I couldn't believe it when the nice British lady told me I was finished and could now consider myself a real runner! :D The first half was especially hard, but I kept remembering everyone's advice to go slower and keep going. Thanks for all the encouragement on this board, I'm amazed at how much I've enjoyed doing something I told myself I couldn't do. Love this app!
Mr Nibbler

Re: Nervous Wreck over W5R3

Post by Mr Nibbler »

Very very well done indeed. Can I suggest, if you do indulge, a nice glass of wine to celebrate this evening. If not just bask in how you have changed from W1R1.
LindaC

Post by LindaC »

dani

Post by dani »

That's awesome, congratulations! I'm still struggling through week 4 so thanks for the inspiration!
Pumplehoober

Post by Pumplehoober »

Congratulations!!

You must feel so great!

I am on Week 5 Run 2 tonight and face the mountain of 20 minutes straight on Friday.

Your success story helps put some wind in my sail so to speak!

Well done!
Lauraeliza30

Post by Lauraeliza30 »

YAY! Congrats! That 20 minute run is the best feeling of accomplishment. AND, it is more of a mind game then it is that you can physically aren't able to do it. We talk ourselves out of so much.... our brains suck sometimes!

I'm super proud of you. Congrats! The rest is easy from this point. Ok, that isn't totally true. I just did week 7 r1 and it is far from easy, but once you run 20 minutes you know that there is nothing else in this program you can't do!