How do you play music with the app?

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Rachellehd

How do you play music with the app?

Post by Rachellehd »

Ok, maybe this is a dumb question....but can you listen to music at the same time you are in the running app.? I hear people saying they are listening to music, but I can't. I'm a newby. Did my first run today. Thanks for any input.
matt

Re: How do you play music with the app?

Post by matt »

Hi Rachellehd,

Basically, the easiest way is just to start your music playing before you start Get Running. The music will simply carry on while Get Running is running, so if you put all your music on shuffle, or start a nice long playlist running, then start Get Running, the music will keep on going all through the run.

There's more info from Benjohn, creator of Get Running, in this answer to a previous question on our Get Satisfaction support forum.

Hope this helps!

Matt
(Splendid Things Web Elf)
Matt. Splendid Things web guy and Android developer. Started running with Get Running in 2009. Three 10Ks and six half-marathons done since then :)
Rachellehd

Post by Rachellehd »

Matt
thanks for info & link to further info. I was hoping I was going to be able to use another app. To listen to music besides my iPod app. Guess I'll be downloadings some tunes. Thanks again Matt.
matt

Post by matt »

Hi again!

There is a chance of Get Running working with other apps, if you're using a phone which has been upgraded -- or supplied with -- Apple's new iOS 4 update.

However, it will probably need a new version of the music playing app, and Get Running, to take full advantage of the new OS features. We'll be working on things from the Get Running side over the next few weeks, I believe.

To help us out, can you tell me which music playing app you're using? We might be able to use it in our testing to see whether we can get it working for sure.

Thanks,

Matt
Matt. Splendid Things web guy and Android developer. Started running with Get Running in 2009. Three 10Ks and six half-marathons done since then :)
benjohn

Post by benjohn »

Hi Rachellehd,

I'm working on iOS4 updates to Get Running today (and onwards), and this is the kind of thing I want to fix. If you can let us know which music App you're using, then I'll make sure that I test with it.

Thanks,
Benjohn
ab7167

Post by ab7167 »

I use moodagent to rub with - free little app that makes up playlists from your library based on whether you want to music mood to be sexy, happy, romantic, angry or fast. So for running I jack tempo and angry up, driving I have happy music. You set it running before opening get running and it just plays in the background. HTH.
benjohn

Post by benjohn »

Huh – that's a really great App! Thanks for the suggestion :-) I've tested with it, and it seems to work very nicely with the updates.